Engineered timber flooring can be a more environmentally-friendly flooring option compared to some other types of flooring. Here are some of the environmental benefits of choosing engineered timber flooring for your home:
- Sustainable sourcing: Many engineered timber flooring products are made from wood that is sourced from sustainably-managed forests, which helps to preserve natural forests and promote responsible forestry practices.
- Recycled materials: Some engineered timber flooring products are made from recycled materials, such as sawdust or recycled wood fibers, which reduces waste and conserves resources.
- Long lifespan: Engineered timber flooring is a durable and long-lasting flooring option, which means it can be used for many years before needing to be replaced. This reduces the amount of flooring material that needs to be produced, transported, and disposed of over time.
- Low VOC emissions: Many engineered timber flooring products have low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, which means they release fewer harmful chemicals into the air when installed. This can improve indoor air quality and contribute to a healthier home environment.
- Can be recycled: When it comes time to replace your engineered timber flooring, the wood can be recycled or repurposed, further reducing its environmental impact.
In summary, choosing engineered timber flooring for your home can offer a range of environmental benefits, including sustainable sourcing, the use of recycled materials, a long lifespan, low VOC emissions, and the ability to be recycled.
At Vienna Woods we committed to continually improving our commitment to sustainability. This is an ever evolving promise to source and work with suppliers who are committed to developing and delivering more sustainable products. We are proud to share some of the certificates our products have received as a part of this process.