This policy statement provides information on the obligations and policies of Vienna Woods Ltd (the "Company") under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 and Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (C’th).
Although this policy specifically addresses the Company's obligations in respect of the laws of the New Zealand Government, the Company believes the principles embedded in the Privacy Acts are equal to any in the world in respect of the protections they provide to an individual. As such, the Company undertakes to apply, where practicable, those principles and the processes set out herein to its operations elsewhere.
Where the Company's operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of New Zealand law, then this policy shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The statement is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal data you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using the Vienna Woods website, our products and services. We endeavour to continuously assess our privacy practices in light of new technologies, business practices and our customers' needs. Our Privacy Statement may therefore be amended from time to time. You should check our Privacy Statement regularly to ensure you are aware of our latest policies.
The Company's management and members of staff shall, at all times, respect the confidentiality of and endeavour to keep safe any and all personal data collected and/or stored and/or transmitted and/or used for, or on behalf of, the Company. Where an individual legitimately requests access to and/or correction of personal data relating to the individual, held by the Company, then the Company shall provide and/or correct that data.
Types of Personal Data Collected
For the purpose of carrying on the Company's business, including registration and related products and services (including relevant online services), you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
a. Your name;
b. Correspondence address and/or billing address;
c. Customer accounts details, including account numbers, service numbers, or user accounts;
d. Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
e. Contact details, including contact name and telephone number or email address;
f. Information for the verification of identity, including identification type and identification number.
The Company's web servers may also collect data relating to your online session, the use of which is to provide aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server's usage so that we may better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to our sites. This type of data may include, but is not limited to:
a. The browser type and version;
b. Operating system;
c. Domain name
Information collected through the website
Broadly speaking, we use personal data for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers.
The main purposes for which personal data may be used by us are:
- sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events;
- marketing and promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected companies;
- joint marketing schemes with other parties;
- customising the advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your online experience at our site and to provide personalised marketing and promotional information;
- fulfilling any of your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing;
- responding to your enquiries;
- collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
- evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
- fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. We recommend you do this if you are concerned about receiving cookies.
Security of Information
Vienna Woods website will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessible only to our authorised employees and contractors. However, we give no warranty against third parties hacking into the data or any unauthorised access to the data by anyone.
Access and update of Information
You have the right to check whether we hold any of your personal data and, if so, may also request access, update, correct or request a copy of your personal data held by us by e-mailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company will, upon satisfying itself of the authenticity and validity of the access request, make every endeavour to respond to the request within 30 days after receiving the request.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is being collected. We reserve the right to retain copies indefinitely for our archives for statistical purposes.
Disclosure to Third Parties
All personal data held by the Company will be kept confidential and protected but the Company may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- our subsidiaries, associated companies or affiliates or other related companies;
- our vendors and business partners;
- parties which assist us in carrying out the purposes laid out above in this Privacy Statement;
- parties which participate in a joint marketing scheme with us;
- any agent, contractor or service provider who provides administrative, order processing, payment clearing, credit reference, debt collecting or other services necessary to the operation of our business;
- any other person or organisation who are bound by confidentiality agreements with us; and
- any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law
- You should also note that the privacy protection as set out in this Privacy Statement does not apply to personal data which is passed to third parties, and we are not responsible for the protection of your personal data or lack thereof by such third parties.
Except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement, personal data about you as an individual subscriber will not be provided to any third party without your consent.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right to gain access to such information provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information. For example, if the Company were served with a court order demanding certain customer information then the Company would disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court or such other persons as the court orders.