One of the great things about engineered timber flooring is the variety of finishes available, which can help you achieve the desired look and feel for your home. Here are some of the different finishes available for engineered timber flooring:
- Matte finish: A matte finish has a smooth, non-reflective surface that gives the flooring a more natural, understated look. It is a good choice for areas with lower traffic or for homeowners who want a more subdued look.
- Satin finish: A satin finish has a slightly glossy appearance that adds a touch of shine to the flooring. It is a good choice for areas with moderate traffic, as it is more resistant to scratches and scuffs than a matte finish.
- Gloss finish: A gloss finish has a highly reflective surface that gives the flooring a shiny, polished appearance. It is a good choice for formal or elegant spaces, but may show scratches and scuffs more easily than other finishes.
- Hand-scraped finish: A hand-scraped finish is achieved by manually scraping the surface of the wood to give it a distressed, rustic appearance. It is a good choice for homes with a traditional or antique look.
- Wire-brushed finish: A wire-brushed finish is achieved by running a wire brush over the surface of the wood to create a textured, rough appearance. It is a good choice for a more rustic or casual look.
- Distressed finish: A distressed finish is achieved by creating artificial imperfections, such as dents or scratches, in the surface of the wood. It is a good choice for a shabby chic or vintage look.
By considering the different finishes available for engineered timber flooring, you can find a product that fits the style and aesthetic of your home.